Christina holds a PHD in Organizational Development and Pedagogics. As a researcher and practitioner her focus lies on strategic change capabilities and change logic of organizations. Her research shows that each organization and each individual has its own idiosyncratic way of dealing with changing conditions and change. As a solution-focused coach Christina facilitates organizations on initiating and implementing change taking into account idiosyncratic change capabilities and change logic. Christina specializes on SMEs, young technology-based enterprises and family businesses.
„Each individual and every organization has its own way of dealing with change. Therefore, every change is a unique phenomenon, and dealing with it requires a lot of mindfulness. Existing strengths and potentials have to be exploited and futile routines and behaviors have to be relinquished. The motto is – inspired by Steve de Shazer – „Do more of what works and if it does not work do something different!“
- Professional Background
- CO-Head of Research Cluster SMEs & Family Businesses at the University of Applied Sciences
- Head of Competence Center for SMEs & Strategic Change at the University of Applied Sciences
- Senior Researcher focus on SMEs, Strategic Change, Change Capabilities
- Trainer, Coach
- Senior Lecturer
- Training in solution-focused Consulting & Coaching at IASTI – International Alliance of Solution-Focused Teaching Institutes (Günter Lueger, Gunter Schmid, Steven Gilligan, Peter Szabo)
- Level 1: Solution-Focused Practitioner (2012-2014)
- Level 2: Advanced Solution-Focused Practitioner (2014-2016)
- PhD Program in Business Education and Organizational Development, Karl Franzens University Graz
- Selected Publications
- Kump, B. & Schweiger, C. (2017). Capturing the dominant logic of a small firm: An inductive, qualitative method. Presented at the symposium ‘ Power, Politics and Emotions in Organizational Learning and Knowledge’, OLKC 2017, Valladolid, Spain, April 27-28, 2017.
- Schweiger, C., Kump, B., & Hoormann, L. (2016). A concept for diagnosing and developing organizational change capabilities. Journal of Management and Change, 1/2 (34/35), 12-28.
- Schweiger, C. (2013): Transformationsmanagement in Veränderungsprozessen. Ein Interventionsmodell zu Pfadbrechung und Pfadkreation. In: Austrian Management Review, Nr. 3/2013, S. 36-43.
- Schweiger, C. (2012): Junge Technologieunternehmen. Systemische Personal- und Organisationsentwicklung. Wiesbaden: Springer/Gabler.
- Working Languages
- German (mother tongue), English, Italian